A hit with the kids! Strawberry Cashew Cream Dip. It’s dairy free, but creamy, and perfect for the kids to dip fruit in, or spread on toast, great with crackers. Honestly anything!
Make sure you buy raw cashews. If you try to use roasted cashews they will not work the same way. Soak them for at least 6 hours and up to overnight. Drain well after soaking. I also used white sugar to sweeten but honey, agave, your favorite sweetener would work. So would no sweetener with great in season ripe berries!
I usually order my cashews from Amazon. Remember to store the extra in the freezer so they last longer. There are so many uses for the raw cashews. I will post some soon!!!
You can also use other fruit if desired. Try raspberry, peach, or even lemon! Zesting the peel and adding it to the mixture. Adding mini chocolate chips would be an amazing choice as well for this Strawberry Cashew Cream Dip.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon, honey, sugar, maple syrupor other sweetener (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Soak cashew for at least 4 hours but can be done overnight. Drain well
- Combine, cashew, strawberries, lemon, sugar, and salt in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. If needed add a small amount of water to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh fruit, crackers or even mixed into oatmeal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g