This lemon brussels sprouts dish is perfect for busy weeks or a quick side dish to feed a crowd. It takes 5 minutes to prep if you have a food processor and 5 minutes to cook. If you over cook the sprouts, the dish actually does not taste as good.
Even when your life gets busy and you don’t feel like cooking you can still have great healthy options for you and your family. I would even eat this as a main course myself with some toasted walnuts. It is that good and easy!
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, trimmed, shredded
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Parmesan Reggiano, about ¼ cup freshly shredded
- Trim brussels sprouts and remove bruised outer layers. Using a food processor, or knife, thinly shred brussels sprouts. Fluff up to make sure all the pieces are separated.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add 2-3 tablespoon of butter or olive oil. Add the minced garlic, sautéing quickly so it does not burn, about 30 seconds, then add brussels sprouts. Add lemon juice and sauté for only a couple of minutes until sprouts are bright green and slightly softened. If pan seem dry while sautéing, use a couple tablespoon of water as needed.
- Once cooked, crisp tender and bright green, season with salt and pepper, and parmesan. Stir to incorporate. Serve immediately for best results, of course with more parmesan if desired.