Looking to use up your last bit of oranges for the season? As a child I have very fond memories of going to the mall with my mom to get an Orange Julius. I am sure that a classic Orange Julius is loaded with sugar and who knows what else. This recipe has it all, protein, great fat from coconut milk, a wonderful flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
If you want, you can stock up on oranges right now, peel, break into segments, and freeze for a couple months. Frozen oranges are a great addition to any smoothie anyways. Especially nice to free for later since the oranges are in season right now taste so sweet and juicy .
Give it a try today, use up those oranges sitting around, sit outside with the kids, put your feet up and bring back the memories of childhood today!
- 5 oranges - peeled, cubed
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups ice - more as needed, (I preferred this smooth cold, not thick from ice)
- ½ tablespoon honey, optional, especially if you have very sweet oranges
- Blend until smooth, creamy, and frosty!