It’s Cookie Friday!!! These flourless double chocolate cookies are chocolatey, rich, sweet enough to eat just one or two, and perfectly crispy on the edges. Not to mention gluten free.
They are perfect for little and big kids! Not to mention again, they are gluten free so you can be comfortable serving them at your next dinner party!
You do not want to overmix this recipe. Add the first thee egg whites and if it still seems very stiff then add the last one. Mixing only as much as is necessary to combine the batter.
Do not overbake. The cookies with be shiny on top and just set. If you do overbake, don’t stress, my kids said they tasted like chocolate marshmallows! You could crumble them and put on top of ice cream!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
- Whisk together vanilla and three egg whites.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula, the dough will be fairly stiff but become easier to mix as you continue. The dough should be brownie like, fudge-like consistency. If it is still too stiff add all or part of the final, fourth egg white.
- Add chocolate chips to dough and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop or two spoons drop cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. They will spread when baking so do not place to close together. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, rotating cookie sheets once during baking. Do not overbake or they will be very crispy.
- Remove cookies from oven. Let cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet, then cool completely on wire rack. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- adapted from : http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/11/24/chewy-gooey-flourless-chocolate-cookies/